Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by sniperjwt, Mar 7, 2010.

1. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

2. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

I have that same stock, just right handed. First off, they are heavy. So if you're trying to save weight get a Boyds thumbhole or something. Other than that, I really like the pistol grip, cheek pad and rear elevation adjuster. Having the sling swivels on the sides is WAY better, makes the gun lay flat on your back, much more comfortable.

3. warthog97

warthog97 Member

4. foreign

foreign Well-Known Member

i have the model down. think its just the ultimate varmint stock. heavy. but cheap comfortable, can adjust put length, and solid.

5. hillbily

hillbily Active Member

i had one on my 300 RUM. loved it like everyone said about it is true they are heavy but stable and quite adjustable, i particularly liked the sloped front end, and sliding swivel, made elevation adjustments a breeze, as well as the rear mono-pod, once i was close on target in scope the rear pod made final adjustments precise

6. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Hated mine! Felt flimsy, Is HEAVY, and just looked cheap! Got a greybull precision stock and couldnt be happier! Greybull Precision

7. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

I found it to be bulky and not overly easy to make adjustments with at the range. I much prefer my McMillan A2 with similar adjustable cheekpiece and length of pull. The stipling of the forend and grip is also so rough that I scraped open my knuckle on the forend when reaching forward.