Cheytac press requirments

I found a thread on the net that came back to this forum! talking about this very issue, so you might do a search here and see what you come up with? I did measure my RC and it has an opening just under 4'' I also measured my Redding T7 and from the top of the ram to the top of the turret its a tic under 4.5'' I hope this helps you:D

Thanks for the help. Looks like I will be ordering an ammo master in the near future. All I can say is its a good thing I am not married or I would be divorced over this project.:D Also just realized I dont have a cleanig rod that is long enough. Oh the joy of our sport!:)

Yes you will need a larger press then the rock chucker.For one reason the dies will not fit in it they are bigger in diameter and you will not have enough throw.I was able to get one for mine on line for around $165.00 shipped on amazon.It came with 50 BMG dies that I sold.Also you will need a RCBS #48 case holder for the 408 cheyatc brass.My press came with everything I needed

I use the rockchucker for the 338-408, only problem is you may have to get custom dies, they have to be 1 1/4 12 thread you just remove the 7/8 bushing! Works fine. You can find dies on line some places, but my smith made mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.