Chassis for my next build

HoytSniper60x

I am embarking on my first rifle build using a chassis. I will be honest...I am green when it comes to them and am looking for insight. What will give me the repeatability and reliability needed for an ELR rifle 1500-2000+? I've been intrigued by the Masterpiece Arms, Mega Arms, MDT, Cadex, and XLR platforms. I'm sure there are better and many more options, but these are just a few I have looked at. What are you thoughts on them and others? and most importantly...WHY?
Thanks!

Masterpiece Arms.... this is posted twice and I answered on the other one.

+1 on the MPA. Rock solid and feels like your old baseball glove every time you settle into it. There isn't anything that compares to it for the price with all you get. There's a reason 21 of the top 100 prs guys love em. As a testament I'll tell you my father and I just got done shooting at 600 yards for load development the other day and shot sub half MOA in 12 mph winds. Took the barreled action off to adjust the trigger. Slapped it back in torqued to spec and shot .227 to .380 MOA at 100 yards the next day. No adjustments. It's confidence inspiring.

I am embarking on my first rifle build using a chassis. I will be honest...I am green when it comes to them and am looking for insight. What will give me the repeatability and reliability needed for an ELR rifle 1500-2000+? I've been intrigued by the Masterpiece Arms, Mega Arms, MDT, Cadex, and XLR platforms. I'm sure there are better and many more options, but these are just a few I have looked at. What are you thoughts on them and others? and most importantly...WHY?
Thanks!

A belated welcome to LRH ... enjoy!

IMHO, it boils down to personal preference and budget. I considered all of the above on my last build; this was my 1st chassis and wanted it to be simple, open, and not too busy ... and went with XLR element with tac ops lite butt stock and folding adapter.

I'm very pleased with my choice, good luck on your build.

NOTE: My gunsmith recommended glass bedding it even though he thinks it might be OK. For $50, I said "just do it". :):Dgun)

Ed

Attachments

• DSCN0842.JPG
    DSCN0842.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 35
Huge degree of personal taste here. But after looking at them all I went with an XLR Element for my 20 Practical. I could not be happier. Very ergonomic and itty bitty groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.