Chambering question m48

btap1991

I have new nosler m48 mountain carbon
I have two other m48's
This one for some reason when I load a bullet using factory ammo it's really hard to close the bolt my other two chamber like butter
Is their something I should do or could of done before I try to send it back to them for malfunction?
I've loaded 180 and 200 accubonds in it both make the bolt hard
To close when chambering
Thanks

Is there any scuffing on the case head after trying to chamber them?
I would get a black sharpie and colour in the case head and about a third up the body and then colour in the shoulder to see where the issue is.
Headspace may be tight on this chamber and may need adjusting.

Cheers.

If it won't reliably chamber factory ammo send it back. If you try to fix it yourself you may void the warranty. Have you tried more then one make of factory ammo?
This is the answer because the OP has a Nosler rifle and it won't chamber Nosler ammunition. Make the original manufacturer of both products responsible for the problem. There is no need for testing, send it back.

Send it back to Nosler after calling first to guarantee that their service agreement is in force.

Regards.

:)

This is the answer because the OP has a Nosler rifle and it won't chamber Nosler ammunition. Make the original manufacturer of both products responsible for the problem. There is no need for testing, send it back.

Send it back to Nosler after calling first to guarantee that their service agreement is in force.

Regards.

:)
Besides, chamber issues and factory ammo issues are beyond the scope of most shooters abilities.

It's nosler factory ammo
Idk if this is the case for you, but I've had issues with some Nosler factory ammo having slightly crushed shoulders. Seems like it was caused from too much neck tension when seating or a bad crimp. I have a few that wouldn't chamber or my bolt would get stuck. I ended up pulling them and resizing the brass, the brass works fine now. Could be the problem you're experiencing but could be way too tight of a chamber or a really short throat. I'd send it in, or slug the chamber and take some measurements.

Last edited:
Besides, chamber issues and factory ammo issues are beyond the scope of most shooters abilities.
I'm a avid shooter but only for a couple years and new to reloading
Not a gunsmith of any sort
Which is I came here
Thanks for the advice
I was expecting that
I've had great luck with my other two with more rounds down them this one seems like the barrel isn't chambered right or something

Thought about that but nosler web says call them seller can't issue warranty returns
I look at it like this...if you have a reputable seller who wants and appreciates your business....he SOLD you the gun...he has your money.....he has a stronger relationship with the manufacturer than you do....I buy new...I'm not willing to wait what could be months to have my problem solved. I'd try the seller first....just me! The mark-up on rifles is low...I don't risk loosing a customer for $ 100.00 . Not if you have been with me for more than 1 purchase! As the seller...he can say....HE FOUND THE PROBLEM ....I've done it before!