Cerakote Color Decisions

DKW II

I am about to get started on a rifle build and the only item I have left to decide on is the Cerakote color. The build will have a Proof CF barrel with a Mcmillian Game Warden Stock in Urban Carbon Ambush color and I like the "two tone" look. Here is the look I am going for. I know some guys on here have had the same thing built and I am curious what color Cerakote you went with. Stainless? Tungsten? Sniper Grey? Let me see what you got.

Attachments

• IMG_9130.PNG
    IMG_9130.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9132.PNG
    IMG_9132.PNG
    11.3 KB · Views: 60
I did titanium on three of my builds. Similar in appearance to stainless but less shiny and more stealthy.

Titanium would go good with that stock, as would tungsten. In fact, I would choose smoked titanium for that myself.

I did Titanium on my thread cap as it is a wear area and the Titanium is close to the muzzle color of stainless....
Used Tungsten on the breech area..those two colors look good with the change of colors on the carbon barrel....
Used Tungsten slightly darkened on the receiver and bolt handle...

That's basically on all the rifles to date...
Still trying to decide on the muzzle and breech on another as the action is black nitride.....yuck....

Has anyone else had issues with their Cerakote turning loose under their rail when bedded to the action? I had a strange random flier on a previously one holer. Started dissecting and the epoxy pulled the outermost layer of Cerakote loose. Granted, I did not Loctite the screws in the action, thinking that the bedding was sufficient, I was wrong. I suspect that the epoxie shrank over time and turned loose. I replaced the aluminum rail with a stainless version and glass beaded the rail and the action and permanently epoxied them together with a low shrinkage epoxy. I deal with aluminum corrosion expansion almost daily and it's not pretty, so I didn't want to expose raw aluminum to the elements.

Do you have any photos of your builds?
*Rifle is Titanium on a tan/black splatter paint stock.
*XP-100 with Titanium and a McMillan Alpine Ambush stock.
*XP-100 with Smoked Bronze Cerakote with McMillan Coyote Ambush stock (Bartlein red/brown carbon bbl).
*XP-100 with Gun Metal Gray cerakote and HS Precision blue/gray & black splatter paint stock.
*XP-100 Titanium cerakote with McMillan Coyote Ambush stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0363.png
    IMG_0363.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 40
*Rifle is Titanium on a tan/black splatter paint stock.
*XP-100 with Titanium and a McMillan Alpine Ambush stock.
*XP-100 with Smoked Bronze Cerakote with McMillan Coyote Ambush stock (Bartlein red/brown carbon bbl).
*XP-100 with Gun Metal Gray cerakote and HS Precision blue/gray & black splatter paint stock.
*XP-100 Titanium cerakote with McMillan Coyote Ambush stock.
Wow, those guns are slick. Looks like the Titanium color may be exactly what I'm looking for. Looking at Cerakote's website, it looks like they are a few different variations of the Titanium color. Do you know which one you have? Maybe item #: E-250?

Tungsten seems to be popular, does anyone have photos of their rifles with that combo?
Type in a color (or a few colors) on this page and it will pull pics from the gallery. If you were thinking about using Tungsten and Armor black, type those in and the projects that used both colors will show in the results. This is dependent on the labels that others put in so it is not perfect, and sometimes there are a bunch of colors and it is hard to tell them apart in the pics, but this is the best I have found.