Cerakote action on already bedded stock?

Stumpm2

I am thinking about getting one of my rifles cerakoted and I was wondering if this would require the action/stock to be rebedded. My rifle is currently pillar and glass bedded and I do not want to impair the bedding I currently have. Any thoughts.opinions on this would be appreciated. I would really prefer not to the rebed the action.

This is an old question but I was recently thinking the same thing when I rebarreled my R700. According to the guy who Cerikotes all my stuff he said it's .001 thick and would not affect a thing. I came on the forum for a second opinion and feel a little bit better about it now.

Applying a coat of gun kote ads about .0004 I would think cerecote is simular.

In a perfect world it would make your action a press fit but we don't live in a perfect world.

Don't lose alot asleep over it.

I always prefer to bed before Cerakoting. I mask off the recoil lug just below the stock line though. The barreled action will fit back in a bit easier. It's a tight fit if you Cerakote the whole lug but it will be fine.

I greatly appreciate all the input, it certainly puts me at ease that it's cool I move forward with paint on my bedded stock.
Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.