JR
First remember you ask how I like it!!

First it is in MOA not MILS so as a mil dot reticle it would suck J/K

Too busy for me personally.
I like the Nightforce NP2

But this might work well for you.

CAM

Re: centre cross mil dot reticle

Like the NPR2 myself. BUT, this reticle looks very useful, but would require your shown chart to keep all the measurements straight!!

definately want to remove "mil" from the title...

JB

Wooopsie!! 'mil dot' was a typo, habit typing, ha...will correct. Centre cross MOA reticle..

JR

[ QUOTE ]
Like the NPR2 myself. BUT, this reticle looks very useful, but would require your shown chart to keep all the measurements straight!!

definately want to remove "mil" from the title...

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

Len, thanks a million..

Jason, I can't take credit for the design, was just asked to put the image up on this site and gather some feedback. Has nothing to do with BB, just helpin out a mate..Any response is welcomed..

JR

JR thats Jons MOA DOT.. S&B have copies of that at the mo and I'm certain that they will implement it soon.
I don't see whats busy about it.. its just a gen 2 mildot reticle with hollow dots with the spcings done in MOA or fractions of MOA instead of mils.. the actual numbers and correcpoding position lines aren't part of the reticle.
I think it would be the dogs gonads for the yards MOA F class boys..
Pete

Fractions of MOA works for me too-- heck just about any reticle with at least 2 stadia would have a tactical application.

But i must admit i'm beginning to like direct reticle windage reference more these days in the field.

Hey Pete,

Yep, that is indeed the SSS, the sheep shagger special. JB asked me to post it here. He has a centre dot MOA reticle as well..

And yes, it is basically a Gen 2 using MOA reference. Makes sense to me to use an MOA reticle if you are dialing in using minutes, if you reference your target size in inches(easy to calculate minutes)..F-Class weenies would find this a nice reticle for working in yards, reading wind in mph, reading mirage in minutes. Long range varmint shooters and hunters would find it nice to complement their rangefinders and windmeters to tune into the exbal ballistic programs. I've always consider imperial measurement more accurate than metric anyway, ha...Instead of using a slide rule to reference millirads to inches and adjusting, I would find it much easier to calculate in minutes on the go..

I'm interested in it. If S&B are looking to introduce it into theirs for 1/4 minute clicks, let me know more..

Be very glad you weren't up in Ettrick the past 2-3 days..Bloody rain was torrential, lots of flooding, wouldn't have been much fun stalking. Give me a shout before you make your way mate..

Jon says the stags are starting to roar his way..

JR

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.