CCI Primers???

MontanaRifleman

I have typically used Fed primers in the past, but have not been able to get any of the magnum rifle primers for over well over a year now. I can get CCI 250's for $35/1000, and they seem to come available more often than the Fed primers. My guess is that the CCI primers will work just as well as the Fed primers, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone had any personal experience and preference before I went out and bought some.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, I have and use both. I have used both in 300 Win's, my 338 Lapua and many other magnums and they both shoot great so I use the one that groups tightest at 300 yds. In my sons 300 win the 215's were slighty tighter group in my Lapua it likes the cci 250's.

I feel you will be ok with them specially if it involves H-1000.

Jeff

My 300 WM and 338 WM both seem to like the CCIs and Fed GM215M about equally (and a good thing, too :) with the scarcity of Fed primers), and group about the same. I've also used the Winchester mag primer, but neither rifle groups as well with those (and they seem to bump pressures more). Only way to tell for sure is to shoot them, though...

Have fun,
Brian

I have a Parker Hale 1200 in 7mm Mag that had some work done that would not pop a CCI primer, but would pop a Fed 215M primer. The CCI cups are harder. The gunsmith fixed the issue and now it pops both just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts