CCI 250 not igniting

Seating your primers, The primer need to be just below the face of the base. To much maybe causing the problem with the firing pin not striking hard enough. Or you are crushing your primers. Using a press to set your primers would be hard to tell just how hard you are setting the primer. Go to a hand held primer setting tool. Learn to set the primers just below the face of the base. DJ Fergus suggestion would help in determining if there difference with the adg brass and others.

We're making this way too complicated. If it was bad primers or flash holes you don't get these symptoms. The primers are not firing first time but always the second hit. First hit seats, second fires. The fact that it's 30% of the time is not one time issue.
[/A Thought just struck me.QUOTE]
Are you using a Savage rifle with the Accu-trigger?
If the answer is yes I know for a fact the Accu-trigger must have the correct tension in the correct spot or the triggers sear will not fully engage resulting in a primer that has not made contact with the firing pin.

If you are not using Savage Rifles with the Accu-trigger please disregard this.

Bad batch of primers is where I'd start. Change out to Federal. 5.00 fix if it goes away....if they were seated out to far you can't get them out of your shell holder...in to far could only happen if you reamed the pockets to deep
Just a thought:
You neglected to state whether or not you are using the Savage Brand rifle with the Accu-trigger on any or all three rifles.
If the answer to my text is yes then please read on.
If your response is negative then please disregard.

Savage rifles with an Accu-trigger as you know must have tension as well as correct finger placement in order for the sear to engage correctly allowing for the firing pin to make contact with the primer.
If the sear is blocked by the trigger's safety you will not get ignition resulting in a light primer strike as well as a failure to fire.
Hope that may help.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.