Case length trimming

You boys have obviously never seem the giraud. It like a pencil sharpener. Put the case in and out comes a perfectly trimmed case. Chamfered and deburred too!

I replaced the nut that secires the caseholder with a hornady die ring. Once I get the right and lock the ring, I can just unscrew 'em and screw in the new one when I change cases. Cost some good $$$$, but worth every penny.

[ QUOTE ]
You boys have obviously never seem the giraud. It like a pencil sharpener.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it... Ech!

Looks good in the ads, it's expensive (~$370-ish), it takes the measurement off the shoulder instead of the case face (a very Badd idea), and if you have a lot of calibers, the shellholders (@$30 for each caliber) will make you broke.

Catshooter, it dont know what you are talking about? It trims the case, you measure it and it is the length you want. Chamfered and deburred too.

What the problem?

Yes, it is expensive if you have a lot of caliber, but what is cheap in this sport?

Wilson all the way for me. Very consistent and simple setup. Only 7 bucks to add new shell holders. They even make holders for full length resized cases and neck sized for some cartridges.

The greatest thing since sliced bread ...PERIOD! No way possible to under or over trim!

If they do not have it for your caliber call Lee and for 15 bucks they will make you a custom. I have them made in every caliber (if not already manufactured) from 17 rem to 458 lott and some huge weatherbies in between!

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=817365

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=476992

You will thank me!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i've been trying to tell everyone but no one seems to try the Lee setup.it is slicker than snot-on-a-door-knob! i've got a Wilson trimmer and a few shellholders i'll sell cheap, if i can find them.

POP, great minds think alike.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.