Case denting on improved casing

Getting closer. I used the most minimal amount possible and only 3/4 the way up the body (on 4 of the 5 i sized) and there is a super tiny dimple on the brass. The first i used lube up to the shoulder and theres a very definite dimple. I believe there was lube in there from the last go round so that may have worked against me as well.

And i do believe the lack of vent is the problem. When pulling the brass out of the die theres a pop sound from the air (like a vacuum). I tested other calibers and dies and had no sounds like this one.

The left piece shows lube up to the shoulder and the right is 3/4 the way up with lube.

Attachments

• EF0CB73B-9092-4429-AF04-392A6F23AA4A.jpeg
    EF0CB73B-9092-4429-AF04-392A6F23AA4A.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 58
Shawn, you might could take it to a machine shop and have them measure the vent hole in one of your other dies, then have them drill the same size hole in the same spot on your non-vented die. Problem solved, and shouldn't cost more than a few bucks.

Hey Shawn...glad to know I am not the only one does this....but I figured out a decent remedy after losing a few nosler 7rum &
26 nosler brass...
I have taken the "spray lube" that the other don't like and shoot it into the resizer...then take a barrel brush attached in my drill and run that in there for about ten seconds...then follow that with another spray (make sure to shake the hell out of the can)...then I run a 20 gauge fiber brush in the resizer attached into the drill...and I run the hell out of it....full speed...pull it out and put a piece of barrel swab on it and stick it back in the resizer for another 30 seconds or so.....cleans them really good...after this no more stuck shells....
At $3 a piece I don't like to lose any....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.