Cartridge feeding question

GetReel

I have a 6.5x284 built on a Defiance AnTi LA with a hinged floorplate bottom metal.
The rifle cycles fine with 1 or 2 rounds but if I put a 3rd round in the internal mag it's picky on cycling.
Is there a magazine bottom metal I should maybe look into to replace the hinged floorplate or is a rebated rim cartridge inherently picky?

Sounds like it's loaded to long for the magazine.
Loaded with 156 Berger's. Bearing surface/bot tail junction is loaded at the neck/shoulder junction.

Picky on cycling how? Rebated rim is not inherently picky.
If the cartridge is all the way back, it sometimes jams, if I move it forward some it has fed fine. So not the end of the world it's just something to keep in the back of my head.

Loaded with 156 Berger's. Bearing surface/bot tail junction is loaded at the neck/shoulder junction.

If the cartridge is all the way back, it sometimes jams, if I move it forward some it has fed fine. So not the end of the world it's just something to keep in the back of my head.
Try tweaking the spring a little to give you more front-up pressure "if" the third round is moving forward, and nose driving off the follower. Cheers

Super hard to trouble shoot without being able to manipulate and see the details. No rough spots on bottom of receiver? Is it making drag marks on the brass for the 3rd and second round when fed. Does your bottom metal have a standard z spring and it is in the proper location on the follower? Do you have to use a lot of pressure to get the 3rd round loaded in the magazine? Does the 3rd round tip touch the feed ramp in the same location? Have you pulled the bolt back and hit the 3rd round with some force, and or just forced it to feed?

Super hard to trouble shoot without being able to manipulate and see the details. No rough spots on bottom of receiver? Is it making drag marks on the brass for the 3rd and second round when fed. Does your bottom metal have a standard z spring and it is in the proper location on the follower? Do you have to use a lot of pressure to get the 3rd round loaded in the magazine? Does the 3rd round tip touch the feed ramp in the same location? Have you pulled the bolt back and hit the 3rd round with some force, and or just forced it to feed?
Lots of questions I don't know the answers to.
Might have to load 3 dummy rounds and just play with it so not playing with live rounds.
Will have to pay closer attention to a few things.
But this gives me some idea of what to look at. Thanks

Need to be able to see how the cartridge is jamming in order to help. Can you take a video of what's happening?