Carry guns

Rotate, in 45 acp, colt defender, colt officer, Sig P220. In 9mm Glock 26. If you're smaller frame I think you'd like the Defender and the Glock 26.

I've had my CHL since '95 when it started in Texas. I used to carry 1911s but got tired of sweating on my steel pistols here in South Texas, so now I've pretty much gone to plastic as my EDC.....M&P Shield and Glock 23 and occcassionally Ruger LCP in shorts and T Shirt......dress dictates what and how I'm carrying! I generally carry an extra mag, as well, ESPECIALLY at church where I'm on the Security Team, as well as a Church Elder.

My primary carry is a glock 19, but occasionally carry a couple different 1911's..also looking at a sig P365 for summer carry or something to throw in my pocket.

My only point was this but with an alteration.

Conceal the largest handgun you will

I know too many people that have a Glock 17/19 instead of a 26/43 for CC because it holds more rounds. That magazine capacity isn't doing a thing sitting on the dresser.
Well said - I love glocks, I have CC'd the 23, 19, 29, 42 and 43. As soon as I got the 42 and 43 my carrying habits became a lot more consistent, and I found myself keeping them on my person even around the home because I forgot they were there. My 29 10mm is sweet - but it is heavier and bigger than the 43 and does me no good if its home in the safe. The 29 is still on my hip out hunting.

I am tending to move away from strikers but the Walther pps is good for the small carry guns (can change grip length by mag choice). The p365 seems to have some teething issues but haven't kept up lately. Obviously glocks if you like them are good in the g19 or smaller size. CZ p10 or P07/p-01 if you want to go da/sa

I carried a PPKS for a couple of years as a back-up. Cleaned it with the same frequency as my duty pistol. Dang thing picked up enough lint off my vest to cause a malfunction.
Picked up a Gen 1 Glock 27 the year they came out, still carry that gun often, qualify every year with it.
As much as I like 1911s it's hard to beat Glocks for a feed and forget it kinda pistol.

I have a M&P 9, M&P 9c, Shield 9 and a 1911. I carry the 9c at 3 o'clock near daily because it just fits better with my size, basically the same as you, and how I dress, jeans and semi-loose t-shirts. On days I'm wearing tighter cloths I carry the Shield. I just don't think I can conceal a full size on my hip without going full on baggy. Maybe if you are able to carry at 5-6:00 or something but certainly not at 3. I can't carry at 5-6:00 because I sit to much for work/driving and feel the same for appendix. If 12+1+12, or 8+1+7 for the Shield, is not enough to get me out of a situation then with a smile on my face I will go to my maker.

I carry an m&p shield 45 at 3-4:00. I run an Apex duty carry trigger, and truglo tfx pro sights. It's comfortable and I can conceal it under a t-shirt. Load it with some HST's for most threats, or some hard ball if you might need a bunch of penetration. The upgraded sights and trigger added cost, but I'm still into it for under 600

While living in a large (well kind of big, Reno) city and riding motorcycles my choice was glock (9mm) or Colt commander in 38 super.
As soon as I moved to the jungle along the southern coast of Oregon and realized you don't get to see things charge, your usually fixing the water line the bears tore apart so digging in the mud with your *** in the air is the position you first smell the stinky things approaching. Anyway, now I don't leave the house without my S&W 1006 (10mm loaded hot, hot, hot with my hillbilly friends custom hard cast bullet he made on his Corbin press), 3 bull dogs, and a S&W 632 (327 magnum) in my boot. What do you expect? I'm old, beat to hell, and can't out run anything any more.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.