Carbon on Crown with Suppressor

cmor

Love hunting and shooting in general with my suppressed rifles. The advantages are amazing - easy on the ears, greatly reduced recoil, being able to see my own impacts, etc.

I'm sure anyone who shoots with a thread-on suppressor has seen the massive carbon buildup that is deposited on the crown. Looking for feedback on whether or not anyone has seen accuracy issues that they associate with it, and what special procedures you guys use for removing it while being mindful of not messing up the crown.

Thanks

I wouldn't think there would be any accuracy issues with the build up, unless it was severe. The most important part is where the crown and rifling meet, as long as that stays in good shape I would say your ok. As far as cleaning goes just get a good carbon cleaner like from boar tech and soak it good then use a cleaning patch to wipe it off you will be good. You may have to repeat this a few times depending on how bat the carbon buildup is. Anyone who shoots with a suppressor or muzzle break has this happen. I usually clean the crown everytime I clean the bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.