Crown

bgilli2

I just got back a custom rifle and noticed half the crown and a little bit of rifling in the hart barrel was beadblasted. How big of a deal is this? Rest of rifle is perfect.

Personally I would insist on a new barrel at the bead blasters expense, it may not hurt anything but I'm betting accuracy will suffer.

Bob

This will likely cause some accuracy problems but I do not think it would require a complete new barrel. Should be able to just have the barrel recrowned to clean up the blasted portion of barrel.

I always tape off my muzzles completely when blasting barrels. Leaves the muzzle shiny but there is NO chance that the muzzle will get effected in any way.

If this was done by a rifle builder, just get in contact with them, I am sure they will make it right, its not a big deal to correct this, even if you have a muzzle brake its not a huge deal to fix as long as the bore was not blasted way down the bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.