Can't find 215M primers, now what?

Ryan55555

I almost have my new gun assembled but I can't find any 215M primers anywhere, what other primers should I consider?

Here is my gun info:

7WSM on a Savage LA
26" Brux barrel
Chambered for 180 Bergers
Planning to use H1000 powder and/or H4831sc to start with.

Any suggestions would be great.

try WOLFE, I bought 20,000 when primers were hard to find (mixed sizes) and have discovered i like them and use them now to start with.

I almost have my new gun assembled but I can't find any 215M primers anywhere, what other primers should I consider?

Here is my gun info:

7WSM on a Savage LA
26" Brux barrel
Chambered for 180 Bergers
Planning to use H1000 powder and/or H4831sc to start with.

Any suggestions would be great.

where are you at? I might have a few hundred (note: I said MIGHT). I saw them at Gander Mountain a week or so ago
gary

My 7-300WSM liked Wolf magnum primers almost as much as the 215Ms. I shot a bunch of them until I walked into a local shop one day and stumbled across a case of 215Ms. Owner would only sell 1000 per customer so I bought 1000 and so did my wife for some reason:rolleyes:

Loads between the two were almost identical with H1000. I think I settled at .1gr higher with the 215Ms than with the Wolfs.

Groups between the two run about the same with a slight edge to the Federals.

You might try some of the fed 210m. I have had the same problem finding the 215's. I tried the win lrms and then the fed 210s. I had to increase my powder charge slightly with the 210s but my velocity spreads actually dropped and my groups shrunk a touch. This is in my 300wsm. I think the shortmags are right on the edge of needing a mag primer or not.

I appreciate all of the responses and I have found me 200 primers.

This site is great and I am always surprised at how willing people are to help each other out.

Thanks,

Ryan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.