can't decide

hydehunter

I found a Savage model 116 with a Nikon scope new in the box for 495.00 in a 6.5-284 and wonder about the accuracy of the gun. the scope will be taken off and my 6.5-20 Leupold will go on. I have never owned a Savage so what do you guys think about this model?

I found a Savage model 116 with a Nikon scope new in the box for 495.00 in a 6.5-284 and wonder about the accuracy of the gun. the scope will be taken off and my 6.5-20 Leupold will go on. I have never owned a Savage so what do you guys think about this model?

ALL my Savage rifles are shooters right out of the box.

Yes, Savages can shoot. The Nikon scope might even work better than you expect. I have a couple of Nikons that hold zero and dial very well. Not the same class os Leupold though. I have a Savage 116, and 2 Model 12's. All three shoot very well.

6.5-284 used.....?i would not buy it specially savage...it not worth it replacing the barrel. Thats why its prob up for sale...
As its more convinient to sell it andput the money for new one...but this is just my opinion...just a grain of salt...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.