Can't decide on a scope!!!

Savagebien

I have been trying to research all i can since i need a new scope for my Savage .243. I will be shooting up to 500 yards most of the time maybe push it when i get better. But i cannot decide on what scope to get, i want a mil dot reticle, and turret adjustments, something from 3 or 4 to 10-16 power. I want to get something that will have repeatable adjustments and not cost over 300 or 350 because im poor, but i dont want to end up with junk! Should i avoid Mueller, Swift, Hawke, and BSA? Also the mil dot might be able to be forgotten if everything else suits me.... Thanks in advance any advice will be appreciated!

Junk

Most of those scopes you listed are junk. Hey look into a Bushnell 5x15x40MM 3200 elite. I believe they're in your price range. I just purchased a Elite 6500 2.5x16x50MM its "Bad to the Bone" cost me $640.00 from the Optic Zone.They'll help you get the right scope.

No

No its SFP so you want the full monty concerning tactical scopes Ha? I understand only the way upper end scopes can you get the FFP option. Why do you want that? Those mill dots are for snipers range estimation on man size targets. Tell us your not a sniper.......

I have a Weaver Tactical FFP 4.5-14 x 42.......

If someone would give me $3000.00 I'd sell it. Well maybe not. That's how much I think of it.

I've found one in the last year that I couldn't verify by pic as authentic nor could I verify the credibility of the seller.

If I come across another I'm snapping it up if I have to mortgage my rights in hell.:D

I have a Weaver Tactical FFP 4.5-14 x 42.......

If someone would give me $3000.00 I'd sell it. Well maybe not. That's how much I think of it.

I've found one in the last year that I couldn't verify by pic as authentic nor could I verify the credibility of the seller.

If I come across another I'm snapping it up if I have to mortgage my rights in hell.:D

I know where there is one. But I'm keeping it secret until i can find the money to buy it myself.:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.