Canadians where do you get your barrels?

what are some of the Canadian barrel makers that you have bought barrels from?

I have used 4 of Ted Gailard's barrels and a Bevin King barrel. Although I have not used a Ron Smith barrel I have had dealings with him and know people who have his barrels and are quite happy with them.

I have not used a McPhee barrel but have heard they are second to none as he is a perfectionist. I'm thinking of using a McPhee barrel on an upcoming .300 win mag build, either that or try out one of Ron Smith's gain twist barrels. We have plenty of choice here in Canada and there even other barrel makers in the east but I can't remember any names right now.

It would be a shame not to support the Canadian barrel makers right now, especially when value wise it just makes more sense. I'd hate to see any of them go out of business and leave us without a source for Canadian made barrels.

Don't get me wrong, I have used a lot of U.S. made barrels too, but I try to use the Canadian barrels just as often, now more than ever considering how the U.S. export laws are going not to mention the exchange rates going back up.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.