Camo/Paint ideas for new A-5

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Draxx11, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Draxx11

Draxx11 Active Member

Hey guys, been a while since ive of been on. I ordered an A-5 for my 30-06 and looking for some ideas on camo/paint for it? Patterns and color ideas more than welcome. It's coming in with just a basic tan finish. I was thinking about maybe even just doing some black webbing and doing the action, bolt handle and barrel in a flat dark earth. What you guys think? I'm open to anything really. I've changed my mind at least a half dozen times in the past day or two.. Just so excited! Thanks a bunch for any input!

2. Skyking

Skyking Official LRH Spponsor

3. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

Water transfer is my favorite. I did my Manners MCS-T in standard multicam and it turned out great. The metal is cerakoted graphite black.

4. Draxx11

Draxx11 Active Member

Skyking that is a great looking rifle. I never looked into water transfer before, I bet the multicam looks good. I was going to do my rifle and scope in camo but was told it would void warranty of the scope.

5. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

Manilla type ropes as a templat, with colors layered looks like weeds and grass

6. Draxx11

Draxx11 Active Member

Could you post a pic?

7. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

I wish, it was a guy that I know here locally, he gets bored and starts doing things just to see how it turns out, just happened to paint a stock.
    What he did was start out with a base color, then wrap a layer of rope with gaps in it, painted it what ever color, wrapped a 2nd layer of rope and painted it it another color.

8. Draxx11

Draxx11 Active Member

Yah some guys like to try out new things like that. I'm always to scared to mess things up..thanks for the idea man.