Calling?

Calling works, but you need to be more patient then coyote hunting. I have noticed bears will come from great distance and slow. My buddies and I witnessed this in Eastern WA, called a bear in from 800 yards, only took 45 min.

800 is a long long way for them to come but if you find the right conditions and the right bruin then I could see it happening.

I think I mentioned this earlier but about a 3rd of them won't pay any attention to the call, a 3rd will mosey here and there in the direction of the sound and the last 3rd will come Mach 4 with their hair on fire:)

800 is a long long way for them to come but if you find the right conditions and the right bruin then I could see it happening.

I think I mentioned this earlier but about a 3rd of them won't pay any attention to the call, a 3rd will mosey here and there in the direction of the sound and the last 3rd will come Mach 4 with their hair on fire:)
It was very calm & quite and I had to use every bit of air I had. Lol the distance your sound carries is a very limiting factor.