Bushnell elite tactical 6-24x FFP G2

TC338

Just purchased a Bushnell elite tactical 6-24x FFP with the G2 reticle. The scope has .1 mil adjustments and mil based reticle. Does anyone have any experience with these scopes? How well do they track? How does the glass compare to Nikon, Leupold, NF? Found the scope on a really good deal I couldn't pass up so should I keep it or try and sell it to get a NF, or huskemaw? Planning on using this scope as my main hunting scope so it will have to be able to be moved between my 223, 308, and 338 rifles.

I like my elites but I don't have any tactical ones...

I have two Elite 4000 6-24x and a Elite 4200 8-32x... couple of straight 10x 3200's too for good measure...

I like them a lot more than my Vortex Viper pst6-24x... I do really like the Huskemaw... have not shot one though... Have shot vx6 and NF ( do not currently own either though) and would recommend either over Vortex... not that I hate my Vortex, but I hate it on an overbore rifle as it has trouble when mirage is concerned, especially compared with the Elite's that I have...

Bottom line... do what you feel you must- your scope ideas are all valid( I will not comment on Nikon as I have a bit of a beef with them), but I do suggest scopes dedicated to your rifles to make sure your zero is correct and everything is settled in...

The Bushnells are well known to be great tracking, return to zero, run over, smash, abuse proof scopes. Any of the tacticals, new ERS, XRS etc... are just known to be scopes that flat out don't quit.

The glass has always been a "worth the price" kind of glass, it wont shock you and leave you wondering why they aren't $5k, but they also aren't leaving you walking out of the woods using it as your excuse as why you struck out either.

Just great scopes, I also use their rangefinders, and now the one mile rangefinding binoculars, Bushnell is just a working mans kind of product.

Only one of the scopes in that list would tempt me and that would be Nightforce, and no, outside of going with the FFP $2500+ NF scopes, that Bushnell should be a good workhorse for you.

From what I've seen sitting behind the NXS, and behind the several Bushy's I owned, and my current XRS, the NXS isn't giving you that next step in glass, and the Bushnell is just to proven in the durability category to overshadow enough, even with Nightforces reputation and performance in that area.

As long as you are fine with the mag range and the amount of travel you have, that Bushnell should make you happy.

I have that exact scope and like it, previous poster sums it up well a good value scope with good glass but not great. Mine tracks great but do a tall target test because mine did not deliver exactly 1 mil when dialed so had to load a correction factor in my AB app.

I have that exact scope and like it, previous poster sums it up well a good value scope with good glass but not great. Mine tracks great but do a tall target test because mine did not deliver exactly 1 mil when dialed so had to load a correction factor in my AB app.

Thanks for the heads up

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.