Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 Mte Ill MD FFP ?

dwm

I have run across what looks to be a good deal on a Bushnell Tactical.

It is advertised as: Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 Matte Ill MD FFP - BH426245F

Does anyone have one of these or have experience with one of these scopes?

Looks very reasonable and if it really has all those features then the advertised price isn't too bad.

Tactical Turrets
Illuminated MIL DOT - Front Focal Plane ...?

Click Value @ 100 yds: .1 mil/ 8.89mm

I am curious on this scope as well, i have a Bausch&Lomb Elite 4000 (Now the Bushnell Elite 4200) and it is a very good scope that is now 14 years old. The 4200 is quite a step up from that. Many people consider the Elite 4200 scopes as one of the best kept secrets in the industry. The only reason I haven't bought one is I haven't got to see on and look through one first. If I like what I see I will be buying one unless the Vortex is better, if it is ever actually produced.

I have one of the Elite 4200 tactical in 6-24x50 FFP. The reticle illuminates in green. At the brighter settings in the dark, it seems to wash a little. I had the draftsman at work print me a target with four bulls-eyes at 7.2" from a center cross for box test. The reticle subtends correctly and tracked well as long as I turned the turret the right direction. I have only dialed up to 300 yards but it has always returned to zero. The glass looks very clear up to about 20 power. Above 20 it gets just a little bit hazy while at the range. In good light across an open field things look better. This is by far the most expensive scope I own, and so far I have been very pleased with the performance. I hope to move this scope to my new rifle when it is finished and join a 1000 yard range. Maybe then I can give more details on tracking.

I have a Bauch and Lomb 4000, Bushnell 4 - 16 x 50 elite 4200, and a Bushnell Elite 4200 6 - 24 tactical. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tactical scope... it is on a .338 Edge. I have had some serious accuracy issues this year that seem to be the fault of scope however. I am planning to send it back for work soon. It tracks great, but the adjustments are slightly over .25 moa. The reticle has begun to shift with temperature change...I set it on a table outside with the crosshairs on a spot on a tree at 100 yards. The reticle moved about 6 inches as the scope cooled off to just below freezing. I think I may have had a gas leak or something.

This may not be a common problem, but it made me wound or miss several critters before I figured it out. I guess warranty service will tell the tale as to whether they get any more of my business.

I have both the 4200 and the 6500 and like both better than my lupy. I liked the 4200 so much that when i needed another scope I went looking for it and found they had a new one out the 6500 so bought it instead. I shot out to 1200yrds with it on my 22243 and have never had any problems with its tracking or glass. love it

I heard back from Bushnell today and they apologized for the inconsistency and said to send it back for testing ASAP. If they actually fix it, I'll probably consider buying more from them in the future.

If anyone has a spare scope laying around, take it outside on a cold day and set it on a target for a few hours. I'm just curious to see if any other scopes have issues with POI and focus changing with the temp. Mine moved 3/4" in the first 5 minutes and another 1/4" over the next hour this morning at 80 yards. the parallax was slightly out of focus when I returned too.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.