Bushnell Elite 6500

When I ordered the scope, there was no data available on total elevation range. Leupold states 70 MOA, Nightforce 100 MOA.

Now, if I go to the Bushnell website, they say 50 inches total elevation. That is no where near enough for long range shooting. I got 45 according to the dial. Either way, it will be relegated to a varmint rifle, not a L.R.gun.

So,
After I posted this, I fought the voice mail system of Bushnell Canada to talk to someone about this.

I have never had such **** poor customer service in my life. The fool on the other end could not answer a question and would not answer any questions.

Send it in and our technicians will evaluate it.

Scope is up for sale and Bushnell products are banned at my house.

That is poor service.
From my experience ,what your saying and bushnells web it seems there is a big difference from the2.5 x16 to the 4.5 x30.the former haveing close to the 78 inches/100yds they quote. I need just over 25 moa to get 1000 so theres plenty to spare with the 2.5x16 . Ill stick with it for a while yet.

Hey guys.. new to the forum (and long range shooting) and I had a question about the 6500 4.5-30x50mm. My brother in law and I are putting together some rifles to get into coyote hunting and informal long range shooting. He has a Weatherby Vanguard in .270 WSM and I have a Remington 700 in .243 which will both soon have A5-L stocks from Joel Russo. I bought the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42mm and am happy with it (but this is the only scope I have owned so I can't compare it to anything). He is looking to put a good long range scope on his (he definitely wants a high magnification) and was looking at the 6500 4.5-30x50mm but I have been hearing lately that they don't have good clarity at higher magnifications. Do you guys think this scope is worth the money, and a good choice for our purposes? Any recommendations on comparable/similarily priced optics? I think he would spend a bit more to get good quality....

Thanks!

Im also wondering the same time... Ive heard that this sight doesnt go very good above 20x magnification, and that the 4200 6-24x50 is a better choise.

Also i wonder how the turrets are in comparison to the 4200 6-24x50?

Im also wondering the same time... Ive heard that this sight doesnt go very good above 20x magnification, and that the 4200 6-24x50 is a better choise.

Also i wonder how the turrets are in comparison to the 4200 6-24x50?

Sir Hit-A-Lot, we have heard the same thing about the above 20X.... my brother-in-law and I plan to look at one soon (within a month or so) and hopefully take it out of the store for a peek through it to see how things look at higher magnification. I'll try to get some through-the-scope pics if he buys it and post the results.

I just got a 2.5-16X for a 243/smokeless ML switch-barrel Savage build.

I dialed it to both ends and I have 89 MOA, as read off the turrents. The clicks are positive and the glass a great value for the $650 or so I paid for the scope. The biggest complaint I have is that the numbers on the turrets are colored in green rather than the typical white, making them harder to read in low light. I have no insight as to actual field function as the scope has not been mounted.

For sure the 2.5-16 have a much larger adjustment range.

But the 4.5-30's do not have a usable range. It will turn out to be a high power varmint scope but definitely not a long range shooting scope. 46 MOA total is totally inadequate.

P.O.S.

But the 4.5-30's do not have a usable range. It will turn out to be a high power varmint scope but definitely not a long range shooting scope. 46 MOA total is totally inadequate.

P.O.S.

have you tried Burris signiture rings w/ inserts. I have a Nikon Monarch that I have the same problem w/ (40MOA) and I now have about 30-35 MOA of elevation left after my 200 yard Zero.

P.O.S.
Put a 20 or 30 moa base under it 1,000 yd no problem.

I've got the 2.5 x 16 also and I concur the green numbers blow. Maybe I'm just getting old but in anything other than direct light I can hardly see them. Other than that I'm pleased with the scope. Shot the box perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.