Burris XTR II Rifle Scope 8-40x50mm F Class

Harry Knutz

Hello,

Does anyone have any personal experience with this scope, Burris XTR II Rifle Scope 8-40x50mm F Class, I am thinking of purchasing one of these for long range matches. I really would like to know what it looks like at 40 power, It's been my experience with other scopes I have had in the past that they are not too clear at those powers. But that was ten years ago, Maybe lenses etc are better now, Anyway if you have one please let me know what you think. THe only complaint I can find about these is the focus at 50 yards, Which does not bother me because 50 yards is boring.

Right now I can get one for $579.99

I've got several of the xtrII and xtr III scopes. They are excellent. I don't have anything with more magnification beyond the 5-25, but if I wanted that kind of magnification, I wouldn't hesitate one bit. Their glass is excellent, as good as anything I've ever looked through. I've got an eotech Vudoo 5-25×50, and I'd challenge you to say that it is better than a burris xtrII side by side. And the Vudoo is over triple the cost.

I'm using a Sightron 8-32 now and it's not the clearest on 32, And when mirage is thrown into the equation, Then it becomes hard to see the target at 1000.

I liked the 8-40x. I sold mine with the rifle a year or so back. Wish I still had it.

At $580, I'd buy (If there's more than one for sale, I'd appreciate a lead, or if you pass on it).

As mentioned, at the highest mag levels mirage and barrel heat are the biggest problem. Just dial it back a little and you are good to keep shooting.

I liked the 8-40x. I sold mine with the rifle a year or so back. Wish I still had it.

At $580, I'd buy (If there's more than one for sale, I'd appreciate a lead, or if you pass on it).

As mentioned, at the highest mag levels mirage and barrel heat are the biggest problem. Just dial it back a little and you are good to keep shooting.
Hello Austin,

I went ahead and bought the scope, The Backstory is I have a friend that puts on Long Range Matches here in my area and he asked me one day if I would join Dvor because we would both get I believe 10% off. Long story short, I found this scope and thought it would fit the bill for what I needed. So I did get it. But the day it was delivered and I took it out of the box there was a problem with it. I called Dvor and said I wanted to return it for an exchange of the exact same scope, The rep said we only had a limited supply of them and we can give you a store credit, I said if you don't have the same scope for me then I want my money back, They wouldn't do it. I told them to delete my account and not to send me any more emails and I would never buy anything from them again.

I had some bad dealings with Optics Planet several years ago and they pretty much told me they were not going to take care of me, So I swore I would never deal with them again too, I had no idea Dvor is Optics Planet. Anyway I did not send the scope back but sent it in to Burris and they took care of me, I like the scope a lot and wish I could get another one for that price. I also told the Dvor rep it had ring marks on it that could clearly be seen, So this was a store return I'm guessing and when they get enough returns they clean them up and have a closeout sale on them, But these scopes were represented as new.

I'm pretty happy with that 5-25 Strike Eagle I bought from you too, I like the locking turrets on it and for a Chi-com scope it's pretty decent.

Edit to add:

I highly recommend Burris for their customer service!!

Last edited: