Burris Veracity PH

Bob the nailer

Burris Veracity PH scopes have been out for a year now. They look like a stripped down Revic pmr with the "HUD" system. The first gens are going for around $700 and I would like to hear from users how they are performing.

Thanks

I don't know about the Veracity, but i have 4 Fullfield IIs that I'm sending back in for warranty.
At least one adjustment on each is extremely stiff!!!
Twist the scope in the rings stiff!

And the other week one guy at the range had a Burris with the range finder in it that he couldn't get to zero.

I like the glass. And if Burris fixes my scopes I'll gladly keep them on my rifles.

But i shouldn't have to send them in to begin with.

I have had a standard veracity (not PH) on a .300 for 2 years and have been very impressed. I have dialed extensively without trouble, it has tracked excellently, and has held up to the .300 recoil and getting banged around in a truck and on a pack. I'm not sure if the PH is a whole different animal than the regular version, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quality control should have caught that!I agree.
Love the idea about the Veracity though.
Watching this thread.
Old Rooster, please don't take this the wrong way, as my intent is not to argue, but rather to help folks understand what manufacturers consider when building a product.

I'm a Quality Engineer in Aerospace Manufacturing, and love it when people say, "QC should have caught that!" (I get that a lot, incidentally) The more useful statement would be, "That defect should never have occurred!" But, since it did occur, the Quality Engineer in me would say, "let's make sure that defect never occurs again."

Relying on a Quality Inspector to catch everything that is required, is a fool's errand. I would bet my next paycheck that Burris feels the same way.

Quality Control, particularly in a high production environment, will not catch everything. That's because they select a representative Sample (One out every 20, 50 or 100 scopes, more or less) of overall production to inspect. They just simply will not catch everything, because not everything is 100% inspected. Performing 100% inspection of all product is cost prohibitive and would require a significant increase in the number of inspectors to perform these inspections, thus driving up the cost of the product. Not many people in this forum, or in America for that matter, would support higher prices, which is why so many buy Burris and Vortex in the first place. Cost, and generally, pretty good Quality.

Any Mfr's quality department is focused on Defect prevention. They try to Identify risk in the Manufacturing processes and refine those processes to prevent defects from occurring in the first place. Data used to identify risk is partially derived from customer returns and survey responses, but also from nonconformances detected internally (Defects that never make it to the customer). Trends are identified using that data, and the nonconformances identified that provide the 'Most Bang for the Buck' are addressed first, and usually through manufacturing process improvements.

It gets MUCH deeper than the above, but that's a pretty good 30,000' view of what Manufacturing quality's function is.

I'll get off my Soapbox, and hope the folks here have a better understanding of why defects escape a manufacturer.

JK

Does anyone have one of the newer versions of the Veracity? I am very interested in the 3x15 and would love to get some feedback from anyone that has used one. Would go on 6.5 cm and will primarily be for western hunting.

Does anyone have one of the newer versions of the Veracity? I am very interested in the 3x15 and would love to get some feedback from anyone that has used one. Would go on 6.5 cm and will primarily be for western hunting.
Just something to keep in mind because you mentioned western hunting is these types of scopes aren't allowed in Utah and Idaho. It's my understanding the only electronics allowed are illuminated reticles.

What about hunters using "Revic" optics?
Anything that has onboard electronic ballistic capability in a display isn't supposed to be used while hunting in those two states. Obviously at the range or competition is fine. I'm sure there's people out there using them that are unaware, I just know my luck and wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:

Yea sir I got the 3-15x44 Veracity PH and it's bad to the bone. I use it both as a regular scope powered off dialing and using my ballistic app. Once I got a load really dialed in, I download all data into Burris app and upload. It's amazing and allows one to not have to try to read a turret in low light. Just range and go to scope and dial.

The FFP reticle is also useable at low power because they have the thick cross hairs right up to the center.

IMG_9997.png

IMG_9954.png

IMG_9855.png

IMG_9806.png

IMG_9933.jpeg

Old Rooster, please don't take this the wrong way, as my intent is not to argue, but rather to help folks understand what manufacturers consider when building a product.

I'm a Quality Engineer in Aerospace Manufacturing, and love it when people say, "QC should have caught that!" (I get that a lot, incidentally) The more useful statement would be, "That defect should never have occurred!" But, since it did occur, the Quality Engineer in me would say, "let's make sure that defect never occurs again."

Relying on a Quality Inspector to catch everything that is required, is a fool's errand. I would bet my next paycheck that Burris feels the same way.

Quality Control, particularly in a high production environment, will not catch everything. That's because they select a representative Sample (One out every 20, 50 or 100 scopes, more or less) of overall production to inspect. They just simply will not catch everything, because not everything is 100% inspected. Performing 100% inspection of all product is cost prohibitive and would require a significant increase in the number of inspectors to perform these inspections, thus driving up the cost of the product. Not many people in this forum, or in America for that matter, would support higher prices, which is why so many buy Burris and Vortex in the first place. Cost, and generally, pretty good Quality.

Any Mfr's quality department is focused on Defect prevention. They try to Identify risk in the Manufacturing processes and refine those processes to prevent defects from occurring in the first place. Data used to identify risk is partially derived from customer returns and survey responses, but also from nonconformances detected internally (Defects that never make it to the customer). Trends are identified using that data, and the nonconformances identified that provide the 'Most Bang for the Buck' are addressed first, and usually through manufacturing process improvements.

It gets MUCH deeper than the above, but that's a pretty good 30,000' view of what Manufacturing quality's function is.

I'll get off my Soapbox, and hope the folks here have a better understanding of why defects escape a manufacturer.

JK
OK that makes good sense. As I tell people in my line of work, parts can and do fail. That's why we provide a warranty.

I have the PH on my 35 whelen. Love it. Checked various distances out to 650. Dead nuts. Just got another put on my 280ai....still breaking in barrel. Everyone who has shot the 280ai, friends, sons have said how the love the scope for clarity. I have been letting people shoot it....most have never heard of a 280ai. Or a veracity ph. Kinda fun . This summer I'm going to take the scope off and mount on something different, sight in and use the on board ballistics to switch back and forth between rifles