Burris veracity

talks2elk2

Anyone have any experience with the Burris Veracity? I'm deciding between the Leupold VX3 series, vortex viper HS series the the Burris Veracity. Any input would be great.

If anyone has anything for sale that they would recommend. Let me know.

Last edited:
In the past I have had both the Burris Veracity and XTRII. I was not pleased with the clarity when at highest zoom so I got rid of both of them. I like Burris handgun scopes and anything I am using for lower power. I like Burris but I would choose something else.

In the past I have had both the Burris Veracity and XTRII. I was not pleased with the clarity when at highest zoom so I got rid of both of them. I like Burris handgun scopes and anything I am using for lower power. I like Burris but I would choose something else.
Thanks!

Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Long Range MOA Reticle

$160

Try it before you go crazy spending money on something that you may hate.

You can add a Burris MAD knob to the elevation turret with your ballistic data, like $50 from Burris.

DC7E7704-B124-4081-818C-98514F91274E.jpeg

Do you think I'm need to go 50mm objective? Or is 44mm ok?
Oops, sorry, no, that probably wouldn't work. The Reticle on the Vortex HS series has a ballistic reticle (Vortex calls it a BDC) a lot like the Burris Veracity.

@Darryle suggestion above is a good one at a good price too. It gets you a true MOA reticle.

Another option is the Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50. These are pretty much a Eurooptic exclusive. They have a great MOA reticle with a 6x zoom range. I actually have on of these on a 223 and like it a lot. It looses a little clearness at 24X but up to 23X it is great. Very good price for what you get too. It dials very well. It is a better value than a Vortex HS.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Strike-Eagle-4-24x50-with-EBR-4-MOA-Riflescope-SE-1627-Kit.aspx

Anyone have any experience with the Burris Veracity? I'm deciding between the Leupold VX3 series, vortex viper HS series the the Burris Veracity. Any input would be great.

If anyone has anything for sale that they would recommend. Let me know.
I have the Veracity since it first came out in 2014. I do not know if there is a difference with the current production, but the optical clarity and tracking are awesome for the money.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle.130833/

Last edited:
Is there are target budget you're trying to hit?
I've owned a few Vortex HSLR scopes, a couple Burris Veracity and several of Leupold's VX3 series.
I love the VX3HD 4.5-14x40 and it checks all my requirements in a hunting scope. Decent magnification, lightweight, and very clear glass. In my opinion, it's the optic to beat in the sub $1,000 price range for a hunting scope.

Last edited: