Burris Rings

J E Custom

Has any one used the Burris Signature ***-ALIGN off set
inserts to gain MOA ?

There are 3 different offsets
For each .001 of offset you get 1 MOA so the .020 set should give you
20 MOA

This looks like another way to extend the range of your scope .

What does every one think ?
J E CUSTOM

I use Burris Signatures to gain elevation adjustment on all my rigs. A .020" in each end is good for almost 40MOA by staggering the offsets. Put the thin insert of the offset down in the from and the thin one up in the rear. Get's that scope all raked out for that drag car look.

I've got them on 3 rigs, they work like a charm for getting more use out of internal adjustments, hold great too IF you degrease the rings AND the inserts.

Chris

I have heard a lot of people say that about degreasing them. I actually spray mine down in Rem oil or CLP before I put them in. Once installed I just wipe off the excess. Here in Oregon I hunt in the rain and oil on blued guns is my friend. I do torque them up to 16 inch pounds on the cap screws. I have never had one slip since I started using the torque wrench.

I have heard a lot of people say that about degreasing them. I actually spray mine down in Rem oil or CLP before I put them in. Once installed I just wipe off the excess. Here in Oregon I hunt in the rain and oil on blued guns is my friend. I do torque them up to 16 inch pounds on the cap screws. I have never had one slip since I started using the torque wrench.

I use the signature Zee's on all of my rigs.

Thanks to all !!

It looked like a great idea and I like Burris products
so I will be getting the rings and several sets of inserts.

Thanks again
J E CUSTOM

For each .001 of offset you get 1 MOA so the .020 set should give you
20 MOA

Hmmm....I'm not sure about that.

The angle change depends on the distance between the rings as well as the offset of the inserts.

Thinking back to geometry class.
Tangent=Opposite/Adjacent. Opposite=Insert Offset. Adjacent=Distance Between Rings.

In other words. Using the .020 inserts on a short action will get you more MOA change than the .020 inserts in a long action.

I have them on a couple rifles. And will put them on all future rifles.

Last edited:
Geargrinder is right.

I think the .005 .010 .020 are generalizations but they work great any way you slice it or dice it.

They are the only rings i use -providing there is an application for the gun.
I also don't think there is a less expensive way for -moa..

** Hired Gun ** -> "Get's that scope all raked out for that drag car look.'

You are funny .............

I don't... know... I think... geargrinder has been smoking it green! He doesn't know junk! :D :D :D

OK! I'm joking. He is right! He better be or else all our roads in Nevada would have no hope... :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.