Burris Fullfield E1 vs. Weaver Grand Slam vs. Weaver Super Slam

112Savage

So I have a dilemma. I'm looking to upgrade the glass on my custom 264 win mag and am looking the lower price ranges.

Burris Fullfield II E1 3-9X40- $200 it has a very nice reticle, price, and is their newest model

Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X40 ballistiplex- $279 alright reticle, good price

Weaver Super Slam 2-10X42 dual X- $264 not my favorite reticle, good price

My reasoning for looking at these particular models is first price, and second fit on the gun. I really like low mounted scopes, and the current scope is a 3-9X40 with not a whole lot of clearance off of the barrel (3-4mm).
I already have a couple super slams and love them, but was considering the others due to their ballistic reticles and smaller size and weight.
Thoughts?

I love the weaver grandslam. I just purchased my second 4-14x40 with the standard retical.

On my 300WM sighted in at 200 the thick part of the duplex was dead on at 300. It is everything I need in a standard hunting gun/scope combo. Also like the ele and windage adjustments. Finger adjustable, reset to zero, and enough ele travle to get me to almost 1K yrds.

I had the burris fullfield II with balistic plex. Decent scope but the weaver GS felt better as a hunting scope to me.

Hav'nt tried the superslam but they are on sale at natches right now!

BT

Thanks for the reply. I think I've almost decided to get the Grand Slam. I have really liked the last few Weavers that I have bought, and hope the next is as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.