Burris Fullfield E1 vs. Weaver Grand Slam vs. Weaver Super Slam

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 112Savage, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 112Savage

112Savage Well-Known Member

So I have a dilemma. I'm looking to upgrade the glass on my custom 264 win mag and am looking the lower price ranges.

Burris Fullfield II E1 3-9X40- $200 it has a very nice reticle, price, and is their newest model

Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X40 ballistiplex- $279 alright reticle, good price

Weaver Super Slam 2-10X42 dual X- $264 not my favorite reticle, good price

My reasoning for looking at these particular models is first price, and second fit on the gun. I really like low mounted scopes, and the current scope is a 3-9X40 with not a whole lot of clearance off of the barrel (3-4mm).
    I already have a couple super slams and love them, but was considering the others due to their ballistic reticles and smaller size and weight.
    Thoughts?

2. 6.5x300

6.5x300 Well-Known Member

I love the weaver grandslam. I just purchased my second 4-14x40 with the standard retical.

On my 300WM sighted in at 200 the thick part of the duplex was dead on at 300. It is everything I need in a standard hunting gun/scope combo. Also like the ele and windage adjustments. Finger adjustable, reset to zero, and enough ele travle to get me to almost 1K yrds.

I had the burris fullfield II with balistic plex. Decent scope but the weaver GS felt better as a hunting scope to me.

Hav'nt tried the superslam but they are on sale at natches right now!

BT

3. 112Savage

112Savage Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I've almost decided to get the Grand Slam. I have really liked the last few Weavers that I have bought, and hope the next is as good.