Burris 20 x 60 x 80 spotting scope

specweldtom

I bought one recently (a Landmark model) from the bargain cave at Cabela's. I wanted something that would speed up range sessions by resolving .22 cal holes in the black at 100 yds. This scope can do it easy on 60X . I've got to steady it down, though. At 60X, it jiggles too much. If I can get it to steady down, it might be able to see .17 cal holes also. Haven't tried it on them yet.

SWFA lists them for $239. It has a rug, window clamp, tripod, and a nice carrying case. It's not even close to the old 100mm Unertl team scopes, but it ain't bad.

Tom

I've had one for a couple of years and I am pretty happy with it. There seems to be a fair amount of what I would call "halo" around the perimeter of the image, especially at higher power, but the middle of the image is pretty clear. For the money it is a decent value. I know what you mean about being shaky on high power. The only way to solve that is to get a high dollar heavy stable tripod and head.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.