Celestron Ultima 80 Spotting Scope

Sam or anyone

What is the image like when zoomed to highest magnification? Do you still have a clear picture or is it fuzzy and dark?

Looking to buy one this weekend but just wanted to see what you guys have noticed on high magnification.

Gonna get rid of my Nikon spotting scope for this one.

Got my scope last night. Nice optics. Getting it was a little tough, everyone is backordered. Obviously the higher you go in magnification the more light you lose but at 60 power it is still quite clear and bright. I need a better tabletop/small tripod for this thing. The bushnell shooters stand tripod I got is a piece of trash and I'm trying to send it back. I need a recommendation for a small tripod. I want one that is rock steady and will carry more weight in my backpack if I have to to get one that works. When I get a chance to use my new scope more I'll post more.

Mine at 60X is bright and clear. Yesterday morning I was shooting my 17hmr at 200 yards into shaded targets and could still see the holes. Yes a good tripod is essential for the high power settings.

Any of you recent Celestron Ultima 80 owners dissatisfied with your purchase? Sometimes opinions change after some time behind the glass.
Festus

I'm liking mine! Been showing it off to all my buds and all are impressed especialy after I tell them the price. One of my buds wants me to order one for him. I haven't used it at the range or looked for bullet holes on targets yet but I'm sure it will do the job. I've been glassing animals while scouting for rifle season. The only thing I can even be picky about is the size/weight, but it is tolerable and the positives override that.

hey i just ordered one from adorama.com $159.95 and $170.00shipped to calif. i don't know if they are in stock or not.told them to e-mail me.store is supposed to have good ratings

just got a e-mail from adorama.com they sent my spotting scope out monday.fast and polite service.

Could one of you guys see the smallest size text you can read at 100 / 200 / 300 yards with one of these? I am thinking of getting the ED version to compare with the non ED model, but would like a baseline to work against. Print out a Word document with some words typed in various sizes, starting at 6 point workging up to about 100 point....If I get the ED version I will post the test here so we can compare them somewhat....hard to do unless they are side by side.

09a3d4dd.jpg

81965e2a.jpg

1480 Meters through Bushnell 1500 range finder, same building through C-80 spotting scope, Note Smoggy, air.

I was also looking at the ED model.How big of a pain will the 45 degree eye piece be in a hunting situation?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.