Bullet Sorting

My last 600 yd match was canceled after the first relay because of pouring rain and 20 mph switch winds.My normal ES with this load is 7-10 fps. 6mm br 105 gr hybrids sorted by bearing surface and wiegh sorted to .04 gr batches. The vertical spread shows that sorting helps well here.

Im amazed how I didnt hit rain drops all the way to 600 with rain like we had that day.

Attachments

• 20140106_095714.jpg
    20140106_095714.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 94
Tbrice23 - Exactly. I was getting 14 SD with my 208 AMax with a 300 WSM. Without changing anything else, sorting the bullets brought the ES down to 9 SD. Thats a pretty good improvement and I am pretty sure it its helping at 600 yards and beyond. Its the vertical we are trying to reduce with sorting and I feel that if you can measure a change in ES and SD by sorting, then it will help at longer ranges.

BTW, great vertical on that target and the horizontal is looking good too considering a 20 mph wind. :D

I am shooting a creedmoor right now but have really started to consider a 6 br.

Tbrice23 - Exactly. I was getting 14 SD with my 208 AMax with a 300 WSM. Without changing anything else, sorting the bullets brought the ES down to 9 SD. Thats a pretty good improvement and

BTW, great vertical on that target and the horizontal is looking good too considering a 20 mph wind. :D

Sorry to say but that was the high score of the day. And thats a factory savage 12 not $3000 custom that others were shooting.

Those guys were asking me after the match "do you neck turn your Lapua brass?" And lots of other questions. I know for a fact that a lot of them trim and point their bullets but I dont do that.
Also that load wasn't great at 100 or 225 yards!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.