bullet run-out

7mmSendaro

I know there are threads talking about this, but I have not been able to find them.

I am looking for opinions on acceptable bullet to case run-out. I am shooting a 7mm Rem Mag. This gun is strictly for hunting out to the 750 yard neighborhood. I have built a fixture for checking run-out. Out of 50 rounds I had previously loaded, 70% were within .003TIR. The other 30% were mostly in the .004 to .005 TIR range with a couple at .006.

Thoughts?

With the best components and equipment available, Lapua, Redding comp. etc., I try for .001"-.0015" at the most for long range stuff. Most will stay at or under .001". Any that hit .003" or more get marked and used for sighters, foulers etc. The range you shoot at will determine what you strive for in dimensional perfection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should check the runout of the fired case after they come out of your chamber. Spending a lot of time so you are putting straight bullets in a wopsided chamber is good reloading exercise so you have lots of practice but might not do a whole lot for your group size.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.