Bullet Packaging

I must say that if I didn't own a farm here, I'd consider moving to Montana. Sure like the country and the people.... the game is a plus as well.:)

Bring on the bullets, I want some too.

I must say that if I didn't own a farm here, I'd consider moving to Montana. Sure like the country and the people.... the game is a plus as well.:)

Bring on the bullets, I want some too.

One more day of reg season to try and get a couple more tests done. My partners son got a special draw for an elk hunt tomorrow and my son and I have not filled our general deer tags. But then my daughter is 17 on the cow buff list. So as soon as they start to migrate she should get called up. How cool is that? She is very excited.

Steve

Myself, I have one open Michigan antlerless tag left (no freezer room though). Looks like I may be purchasing another freezer. One of my shooting buds just dropped off a huge plastic bag of duck and goose breasts.

I really like broiled duck and goose. Duck in a resturant is super expensive in these parts.

Be 'up north' December 19-21 to fill that doe tag....

RockyMtnMT,

Do you have any info on your new bullets? This is the first I have heard of them. Thanks

I sort of announced a few months ago that we were close with our bullets. At that time a made an agreement with Len that I would not pursue sales of any kind on the site until we paid for our sponsorship.

What we are making are pure copper lathe turned bullets. We patented a design that we developed over the last year or so. Our first line that we are launching now is a conventional type ogive with our patented design on the baring surface. We intended to launch our line with semi round nose 'normal' range hunting bullets for the vast majority of hunters. We could not ignore our passion for long range hunting and for the most part have made only vld type bullets. I will have to go back and look at the notes but I don't think we have had a bullet impact under 2400 fps. Hopefully today I can get a longer shot on a whitetail buck.

We have some new tooling coming to help with hollow pointing and an order of 18,000 small caliber bullets for an ammunition manufacture that we will get taken care of asap. Then we will make our announcement here on LRH and launch our web site.

I am very excited and a bit nervous. These bullets have been the most accurate I have ever used and equal to any bullet I've tried for terminal performance. I have seen the flack that others have taken when launching new bullets and am doing everything I can think of to avoid that. Usually there is a giant dust up about bc. We will only give bc's that we have shot with drops to 1000 yards. Everyone can take those numbers and use them to develop their own. So far the bc's that we have confirmed are good. Towards the upper end of other similar bullets. We will not exaggerate or stretch our bc's. That is a promise! We don't have a better way to get these numbers other than shooting them for drops and matching it up. So I figure we will do the hard part for everybody and get you very close.

We will be launching a fairly small line of bullets to start and expanding as we go. We are a little nervous about keeping up with demand. We are prepared to expand with demand. We have chosen to launch here on LRH and see how we do keeping up with this great community, and go on from there.

I just hope you guys like them as much as I do.

Steve

Inflated BC's will get you in trouble on here...lol

All one has to do is read the Whiskey Precision thread to see that.

So long as the BC's aren't 'inflated', you should be just fine.

Will you be offering anything in .338 cal?

Yes. We have a couple. We used a 260g to kill a wolf and a moose this year. We can and will be making anything you can think of. We will offer a custom order if someone has a need other than what we have offered. The limitations with all copper is the weight to length ratio. Copper is less dense than lead therefore will be longer than lead core for the same weight. They will tend to need more twist. It is just a different way of thinking. Faster, more weight retention, less meat loss, etc. Terminal ballistics have been superb 18 big game animals from wolf to elk, .243 cal to .338 cal, 80 yards to 650 yards. Wish there had been further, but it just didn't work out.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.