Bullet Packaging

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Couple more steps to go to market our bullets. I am having a hard time finding packaging for our bullets. It is time to graduate from zip lock bags. Any suggestions?

Steve

Couple more steps to go to market our bullets. I am having a hard time finding packaging for our bullets. It is time to graduate from zip lock bags. Any suggestions?

Steve

Steve,

Who is going to absorb the cost, seller or buyer? The zippies are hard to beat. If the fancy packaging is going to be passed on to me as the consumer, zip lock bags are just fine with me ... but that's just me. :cool:

Ed

Steve,

Who is going to absorb the cost, seller or buyer? The zippies are hard to beat. If the fancy packaging is going to be passed on to me as the consumer, zip lock bags are just fine with me ... but that's just me. :cool:

Ed

Zip lok bags or small cardboard boxes from U-line are fine. Fancy packaging equals higher price or less bottom line (for you).

Back in the day Walt Berger had a return policy on his boxes to defray cost.

Zip lok bags or small cardboard boxes from U-line are fine. Fancy packaging equals higher price or less bottom line (for you).

Back in the day Walt Berger had a return policy on his boxes to defray cost.

I get the U-line catalog and there isn't anything in it that fits. I should look at their web site.

Steve,

We would like to hit the shelves with them at some point. And the bags do not seem protective enough. Also boxes of 100 of 50 would be nicer to pack and ship in a larger container. Small heavy boxes seem to get terribly abused by the shippers. I think when they grab a relatively small box expecting it to be light and it weighs 25lbs they get irritated and then toss it.

I very much appreciate the cost aspect of packaging. The fact is any manufacturer passes this cost on to the purchaser. It has to be this way or you go out of business. Cost of business has to be calculated and then margin from there. If margin is calculated without all the cost then you have trouble.

Recycling sounds great. Send back your box and we will re-fill it. Not sure if customers would be willing to save the $1 or less to do it.

Ideally I would like to find out who makes the box that Berger uses.

Steve

What about small "bubble wrap" envelopes. Some are about the size of a cigarette pack, and come in either clear or some are paper, but still have the protective bubble stuff to protect the contents.

You need to make sure that the tips are protected IMO, from my experience with Cutting Edge bullets they are shipped in a small cardboard box with a checker board divider that slides out separating each bullet so no damage can take place, they will be damaged just dropping them though so it may depend on how much it takes to wrinkle the tip.

I get the U-line catalog and there isn't anything in it that fits. I should look at their web site.

Steve,

We would like to hit the shelves with them at some point. And the bags do not seem protective enough. Also boxes of 100 of 50 would be nicer to pack and ship in a larger container. Small heavy boxes seem to get terribly abused by the shippers. I think when they grab a relatively small box expecting it to be light and it weighs 25lbs they get irritated and then toss it.

I very much appreciate the cost aspect of packaging. The fact is any manufacturer passes this cost on to the purchaser. It has to be this way or you go out of business. Cost of business has to be calculated and then margin from there. If margin is calculated without all the cost then you have trouble.

Recycling sounds great. Send back your box and we will re-fill it. Not sure if customers would be willing to save the $1 or less to do it.

Ideally I would like to find out who makes the box that Berger uses.

Steve

Those are MTM boxes. You can also talk to any board slitter (box company) and have custom boxes from cardboard made to order. U-line page 36 and page 74 are small stock boxes in the U-line catalog btw.

Those are MTM boxes. You can also talk to any board slitter (box company) and have custom boxes from cardboard made to order. U-line page 36 and page 74 are small stock boxes in the U-line catalog btw.

You know I looked through that stupid catalog till my head was swimming. Pg. 74 has what I think we need to get going. Thank you.

Steve

All my products I ship in Uline boxes btw. When you get into production, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll buy some.

Though I'm pretty much a Berger fan, I'll try some and see if they work for me.

Deal. We have shot quite a few animals this fall and very happy with performance. Just have not been able to get a real long range shot. Longest was a 650y elk. A few more days of season left to try and get a long shot. We should be ready to start taking orders in about 3 weeks.

They work a little different than the Berger. I was able to recover one from a cow at 400 yards. Hit her in the base of the neck and recovered it in the flank hide. Went through about 3.5ft of elk. Perfect straight line penetration with perfect flat front mushroom.

Steve

lightbulbPerfect!lightbulb

I really like the enthusiasm. My daughter just conducted another Hammer bullet test this morning. A nice little 4pt white tail at 450y. One shot perfect in the top of the heart and lungs out the off side shoulder. Ran 30 yards straight down hill into a pile. Perfect.

Steve

I really like the enthusiasm. My daughter just conducted another Hammer bullet test this morning. A nice little 4pt white tail at 450y. One shot perfect in the top of the heart and lungs out the off side shoulder. Ran 30 yards straight down hill into a pile. Perfect.

Steve

New bullets in my own backyard (Made in Montana), kinda hard not to get excited. :cool:

Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.