Bullet adapter for reloading???

TireurDelite

Hello,

For the last 2 years I have always used the tip of the bullet to the base of the case for my overall lenght but after reading about the bullet adapter from Sinclair I was wondering which way you all measure your OAL?
Will using such adapter promote better consistency and thus accurary or am I better off saving that $20.00?
Thanks for your time.

Tire

All depends on what you're shooting. For the average rifle your method will work just fine. You probably won't see any improvement in accuracy by using a Sinclair or any of the other Comparators. On the other hand, if you're working with a 1/4 MOA bench rifle it will definitely make a difference.

T D
I think a comparator will promote consistency and better accuracy in any rifle. Weather or not you will notice the difference depends on a lot of different things.
Measuring from the ogive instead of the bullet tip will ensure the same distance to the lands for each round, this will in turn help keep your pressure more consistent. Now if your only shooting 100 yds. a moderate variance in pressure probably will go unnoticed, however if you stretch your distances out you will definitly see your groups open up.
IMHO it's worth the $20.
Chris

[ 09-12-2004: Message edited by: winmagman ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.