Bull elk on my bear cam............

Catahoula

Hey Guys,
Here are a few photos of some elk that passed in front of my bear cam. One of the bulls looks like he might be a nice one come fall. What do you all think?
These photos were taken in southeastern Idaho. The **** wolves here are really bad and I don't see alot of elk tracks while bear hunting. However I am not seeing near the wolf sign that I have seen the past few years.
Kirk

Attachments

• PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 170
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 137
Always fun to catch elk on a trail cam. All of those bulls look like they have good body size and that one definitely looks like he could grow a nice set of antlers this year.

Must be tough to have to compete with the wolves for elk. I would guess the elk herds have dramatically dropped off in the past several years due to the increasing wolf population? I sure hope they never find their way back down to Colorado...

Here's a pic i got in the neighborhood I live in back on May 15th. Lived here almost 5 years now and although I see herds in the hills behind the house, never seen one IN the neighborhood.

Just a young bull, and I've definitely noticed the elk in the herd nearby are all very young looking with smaller bodies.

Attachments

• elk.trailmark.jpg
    elk.trailmark.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 140
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.