My first bull elk

shooter7

Here's my first bull. Shot it in southern Montana on rifle opener. Rifle was a rem 700 built by snowy mountain rifle company chambered in 260 rem. Berger 130 vld MV 2613.

Attachments

• 20161022_184428.jpg
    20161022_184428.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 113
Congratulations on a mighty fine bull!

How did the bullet perform? How far was the shot? I'm interested to know, running a similar load in a creedmoor.

Unfortunately I did the gutless method with this one so I didn't get to see the internal damage. The shots were at 75 yards offhand. First shot went into the lung area. No pass thru. He just soaked that one up and stood there. Second shot hit the shoulder pretty centered up. The bullet punched thru into the chest cavity though I don't know how far. The third shot was thru his neck to drop him. It passed completely thru destroying the spine.

Congratulations on your first bull. Lot nicer than mine was. :)

Bulls seem to never will go quite as expected. I'm sure there are many more to come. Bet your pretty hooked at this point. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.