Monster elk on trail cam

A few more pictures like that and I would have to open rifle season early:)LOL

BIGBUCK

just two more weeks 'til deer season opens....just two more weeks 'til deer season opens...just two more weeks 'til deer season opens....

Just once I would love to shoot an animal in a place where I can load it whole into a truck!

For some reason I always find them where I have to bone them out and make three trips to the truck with the meat on my back.

Colby
That was exactly what I first noticed....Man that things in the truck in one piece.

I would be willing to bet he scores no less than 380". He is a monster.
This one scored 414" so Im pretty sure the one you have a pic of is really close if not over 400"
hugebull2.jpg

hugebull.jpg

I would love to see the CERTIFIED panel scored sheet showing this bull to be 414" No doubt it is a great bull, but......

Field judging animals is very difficult, and basically thats what you are doing looking at pic's. The average adult bull is 16-18 inches from between bases to end of nose. Also the top picture shows a 16" steel wheel as a reference. The tailgate is about 50 inches wide. The rear window of the truck is 20 inches tall. Start looking at these numbers and if you know how to score, fill in the blanks and this bull would green score about 380-390. A very respectable bull, but not in the 400"+ class.

Last edited:
And I agree with a few of the others that the trail cam bull is 340" MAX. his G1/G2 are 14" tops, his 3rd and 5th points are short, his 4ths are 18 to 20 and his main beams are short. He is a beauty of a bull, but this (post) is about score, not appearance.

Alright, the answers. #1 was 328 and #2 was 340" as a 5x5! He was a very young bull and would have most likely been in the 380" class the next year, but he didn't make it.

haha, is that bull eating some feed yourve given him?

I know you wont like hearing this but,

If you know where he is and your going there to feed him, why dont you just take your rifle or bow with you and get him befor the season officially opens, hell thats what new zealanders would do. you cant tell me that your all perfectly ethical? yeah, bated a few of you i hope
icon10.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.