Building 300 Norma

etisll40

I want to build a 300 Norma, any recommendations on an action, prefer lightest weight, strength and stainless possibly. Looking for recommendations from you guys. I can afford something good, but like the idea of a recognizable name. Has to be a rem 700 footprint though, but i do like a shorter bolt throw, Sako TRG? Thanks for the help. Where do I get a reamer for it?

I like the thought of a BAT but I don't like the weight of them, the barrel I have is 3.5 lbs, I can probably get a stock maybe an ultralight at around 2.5 or so, a nightforce I have but would like something a little lighter, going to check S&B anyway as I don't have one and then the action, trigger and break. Would like to come in under 12lbs. Maybe not possible?

Defiance makes a Remington clone with a .750" bolt for 338 Lapua bolt faces. It's probably as light as you will get.

I'm gonna call BAT and Defiance. Thanks for chiming in. I guess I should call Snowy Mountain too, I like their muzzle breaks. Stiller deserves a call too.

Defiance Deviant, built in lug and pic. Rail I have 2 Rebels in 338 Norma.One is 7.2 bare 8 3/4 dressed shoots great

I just bought a Weatherby Mark V stainless in 30-378. I think this will be the platform for a 300 Norma. I have a barrel for it, but I wonder what the idea twist rate should be. I have a 28" 1-10. Should I get something different. I want to shoot the Breger 230's and the new LRX 200's. Maybe the Berger 210 and 215's too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts