Budget scope

I hate to say it but I'd spend a little more than 500 and buy a sightron sIII 32 power scope and start there. For the money they track decent have good glass and are at the bottom end of what I'd call a "target scope". With a 20 moa base and some good hand loads you will be surprised at how far you can shoot. A scope is not the place to skimp.

I would like to hear more about the Vortex diamondback tactical. FFP 24 power for around 400 sounds nice. I know the lower end Vortex dont have the best glass but surley this scope has its place somewhere.

I would like to hear more about the Vortex diamondback tactical. FFP 24 power for around 400 sounds nice. I know the lower end Vortex dont have the best glass but surley this scope has its place somewhere.

I would be more worried about tracking in lower end scopes.

I would be more worried about tracking in lower end scopes.
True I would be also. I do have a first gen Vortex Viper that I have used on numerous rifles and has been very reliable tracking. Just dont think you can use it in Florida before 9am in the morning as it stays fogged up with our 100% humidity.

If your set on vortex, I would suggest the strike eagle 4-24 over the new diamondback tactical. They are close to the same price. Neither is great glass, but the strike eagle glass is much better than the diamondback. The reticle is etched in the strike eagle from my understanding.

We have had great results from several of the S-Tac. I don't think you can touch them for the money. They were originally listed at $750 and I would say that is the class of scope that they are.

Steve

My vote would be the Sightron S-Tac or even the SIII. I have several and they are great scopes. The brightness and clarity are fantastic for the money.

Best bet is to go to a big store and look at glass. Everybodies eyes are different. I work at local F&S pt and get to look at a lot of scopes. The Vortex tactical is pretty clear as is most diamondbacks. We have a 65 yd distant deer on the wall that most customers use for a reference. The Nikons are nice and we have Sigs, Leupold etc

Don't overlook the SWFA line. I use a 20x SS for hunting & targets out to 1800. At less than 100 it's plain as day with no distortion. Sells for $299 moa or mil.

BW

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.