Budget rifle stock advice need it

kukusya

Good day,
I'm asking advice to chose good budget stock. I need better stock for Ruger M77 in 338RCM for hunting purposes only out to 4-500yards. Original plastic stock is too flimsy and unsettle. I need help to chose between Hogue full length bed block or Boyd's pillar, action/barrel bedded. I know MCMillian is great but don't see my self spending 500$ for it.
Thank you

k, the Boyd's doesn't come bedded or with pillars installed. I've bedded a few dozen of the Boyd's and consider them very strong with a multitude of options and styles. The price is extremely reasonable and usually ship quickly. They definitely need to be bedded and inletting checked prior to. Overall they are the best bang for the buck I've seen unless you find a used carbon fiber stock for a comparable price. Christmas is coming, good luck

I should be more detailed. I will install pillars and bed action and barrel channel.

+1 on the Boyd recommendation. Also, check out >>> https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...keye/short-action/factory-sporter-barrel.html

I have a Bell and Carlson Carbelite Rifle Stocks on my Ruger M77 MKII in .338 WM that I upgraded from a paddle stock.

P4030316.jpg

P2210382-1.jpg

I had one of the Hogue stocks and would not get another one. The rifle shot okay with it but it was too sticky for my liking. OTOH, I had a Boyd's stock on a rifle and loved it and would recommend it to a friend. The only stock I've had that I like better than a Boyd was an HS Precision but they are kind of pricey.

I checked with HS they not making for ruger either

Call stocky stocks 561-584-8500 as previously suggested. They will tell you what they have available for your rifle, and I'm sure they have several ready to ship. They fixed me up with an HS Precision for my Mark V Weatherby.

I'm in the same boat.. I realty wanted an HS but they discontinued them, I've been thinking about the Hogue (both pillar and full bedded) or a boyds, I think I might just end up getting a used hawkeye synthetic and bed it and try to stiffen up the fore end. I like the Hogue stocks feel but I'm not sure I want the weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.