Brux barrel in 22-243

iron worker, have had all around good luck with the brux barrels the rifle in this post is in its 3rd barrel i love it the last time i rebarreled it i used a krieger only because i got one cheap off a classifieds have built prob 5 differant 22-243s for friends and family used brux barrels on all but 2 they were both kriegers

i had problems with 2 barrels one brux and one kreiger with the 75amaxs coming apart after about 3-500 rnds for some reason about 3 out of 5 would come apart i cut an inch off them and rechambered them but still had the same problem

all the 22-243 i have used liked 42-46grns reloader 25 and 75 gr amaxes depending on brass they are a great pdog round my farthest kill so far with one has been 1042 yds hope this answers your questions

iron worker, have had all around good luck with the brux barrels the rifle in this post is in its 3rd barrel i love it the last time i rebarreled it i used a krieger only because i got one cheap off a classifieds have built prob 5 differant 22-243s for friends and family used brux barrels on all but 2 they were both kriegers

i had problems with 2 barrels one brux and one kreiger with the 75amaxs coming apart after about 3-500 rnds for some reason about 3 out of 5 would come apart i cut an inch off them and rechambered them but still had the same problem

all the 22-243 i have used liked 42-46grns reloader 25 and 75 gr amaxes depending on brass they are a great pdog round my farthest kill so far with one has been 1042 yds hope this answers your questions

Hey glad to here from you. I shoot a 22-250AI and 42.5grs of Re#22 produces 3350 with 80gr Bergers. Tomorrow I'm gonna try some IMR 7858. My BBL has less then 700 rnds and gunsmith says I have "severe" throat erosion ? Its a sporter weight BBL its my predator rifle. My BBL is a Rock Creek 5R 8"twist 26" length. I shot some 65gr JLK bullets and it smoked 50% of those bullets. No problems with Bergers,Sierra's V-Max or Heavy A-max. So how many rnds did each bbl last? What kind of velocity were you getting with those 75's

Hey glad to here from you. I shoot a 22-250AI and 42.5grs of Re#22 produces 3350 with 80gr Bergers. Tomorrow I'm gonna try some IMR 7858. My BBL has less then 700 rnds and gunsmith says I have "severe" throat erosion ? Its a sporter weight BBL its my predator rifle. My BBL is a Rock Creek 5R 8"twist 26" length. I shot some 65gr JLK bullets and it smoked 50% of those bullets. No problems with Bergers,Sierra's V-Max or Heavy A-max. So how many rnds did each bbl last? What kind of velocity were you getting with those 75's

barrels seem to last about 800-1000 rnds never really kept track just put a new one on when i thought it needed it and used the other ones for xp-100 projects

i was getting 3450-3550 with the 75grn amaxes

never owned a 22-250ai i was wanting one but ended up going with a 22-243 because i dont like fireforming i have had good luck also with a fast twist 22-250

you can probably get the jlks to stay together if you work the first 6" of the bore with jb every 50 rnds or so

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.