Browning X Bolt Long Range Hunter Stainless 300 Win Mag

KillerBee

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a Browning X Bolt Long Range Hunter Stainless 300 Win Mag, with a DuraTOUCH Armor Coating Stock with the Buckhorn Tan Camo Pattern.

Does anyone here have one, I would like to hear your review / thoughts if you do?

My new rifle will be used for Deer, Elk and Moose, but mostly for Elk at long range up to 1000 yards. This is a picture of it.

Thanks KillerBee

driLtQf.jpg

I dont have a long range hunter, but i do have an eclipse hunter in 7mm Rm. Its a 1/2 moa rifle with the 162 a-max. I only have 32 rounds down the tube so i still have some tweaking to do. Any x-bolt I've shot have been awesome shooters. Im sure the long range hunter would be no different.

I am also thinking that this cartridge would be a very good selection for my applications. gun)

300 Winchester Magnum

BRAND: Trophy Grade (Long Range) Ammunition | BULLET STYLE: ABLR
PART #: 60126 | COUNT: 20 | MSRP:
BULLET WEIGHT: 190 | BBL TWIST RQMT: 1-10"
FOR USE: Deer/Elk Sized Game | LEAD-FREE: N
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

800 Yards: Velocity 1826 - Energy 1407

If you are shooting factory ammo, I would check out the new Hornady Precision Hunter line of ammunition. It's loaded with the new Hornady 200gr ELD-X bullets that have been rigorously tested by both Hornady and Gunwerks and look to be exceptional projectiles. They feature the new Heatshield Tip that won't disintegrate from heat as they move downrange like traditional polymer tips used in Accubonds, A-MAXs, and Ballistic Tips. And to boot, a box of them is $12 cheaper than the Noslers. The ELD-X bullets also have a true Doppler radar verified .626 BC compared to the inflated Accubond LR BC which is advertised at .640 but it's Litz tested BC is only .569!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hornady Precision Hunter 200gr ELD-X G1 BC of .626
800 Yards Sea Level: Velocity 1781 Energy 1409

Nosler Trophy Grade 190gr AccuBond Long Range G1 BC of .569
800 Yards Sea Level: Velocity 1705 Energy1227

If you are shooting factory ammo, I would check out the new Hornady Precision Hunter line of ammunition. It's loaded with the new Hornady 200gr ELD-X bullets that have been rigorously tested by both Hornady and Gunwerks and look to be exceptional projectiles. They feature the new Heatshield Tip that won't disintegrate from heat as they move downrange like traditional polymer tips used in Accubonds, A-MAXs, and Ballistic Tips. And to boot, a box of them is $12 cheaper than the Noslers. The ELD-X bullets also have a true Doppler radar verified .626 BC compared to the inflated Accubond LR BC which is advertised at .640 but it's Litz tested BC is only .569!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hornady Precision Hunter 200gr ELD-X G1 BC of .626
800 Yards Sea Level: Velocity 1781 Energy 1409

Nosler Trophy Grade 190gr AccuBond Long Range G1 BC of .569
800 Yards Sea Level: Velocity 1705 Energy1227

I checked the Cabelas in Canada, and other stores I did not see Hornady Precision Hunter, hot sure if they are available here in Canada. Which sucks!

I checked the Cabelas in Canada, and other stores I did not see Hornady Precision Hunter, hot sure if they are available here in Canada. Which sucks!

You won't see them for a while. They were just announced last week. You may as well get your name on a backorder list if you're interested in seeing them anytime within the next three months.

You would be better off trying to find ammo that shoots good, that has already been released to the general public. :cool:

Nosler makes great factory ammo, plus you keep the brass, and you will have a nice stash of already fire-formed Nosler .300WM brass for when you start reloading for it.

300 Winchester Magnum

You would be better off trying to find ammo that shoots good, that has already been released to the general public. :cool:

Nosler makes great factory ammo, plus you keep the brass, and you will have a nice stash of already fire-formed Nosler .300WM brass for when you start reloading for it.

300 Winchester Magnum

Yep I have been shooting Nosler Accubonds for sever years now, good ammo as far as I am concerned!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.