Browning x-bolt hell's canyon speed b-a rifle

Jostrom07

I bought the Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed B-A Rifle in a 300 Win Mag. I started shooting Hornady Superformance 180gr SST and am having a hard time zeroing it at 200 yards. Seems like it might be the ammo.
Was wondering if anyone had experience with this rifle and found an ammo that they have had success with. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Be more specific with the problems you are having. Could be ammo, scope, rings, stock torque, etc...

Be more specific with the problems you are having. Could be ammo, scope, rings, stock torque, etc...

I have shot close to two boxes of ammo through the rifle and will get two or three shots within an inch of each other. Then I adjust the scope only by a couple clicks and the next grouping is not even close to the previous grouping. Just very inconsistent. I havd this happen with another rifle with Remington Ammo. Switch to Hornady and never had another issue. Was thinking it may be the ammo and wanted to try another to see if that was the cause. Just not sure what to do.
Thanks for reaching out!

i probably or hopefully don't need to do this, but after i move a scope's reticle while sighting in, i generally bang the stock a few times just to make sure it 'took.' if you're not using a nf or vortex or the like, maybe try that.

also, shoot a group, don't touch the reticle, wait a little bit (the time you would take to adjust your reticle) and shoot another group and see how they compare. if those groups are comparable then it prob is something with your scope.

Yep, take the scope and rings off. Start fresh and make sure everything is on correct. Also try a different scope if you have one.

Sounds like scope,mount, rings or action screws. Try removing them all and use a torque wrench to remount. If that doesn't correct problem replace scope.

Ok thanks guys! My scope is a new Leupold VX-5HD. Hopefully that's not bad. I will try removing it and remounting it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.