Brass

Go to brassmanbrass.com. You can buy 1000 brass, either winchester, federal, or remington, for around $20.00 beleive it or not. federal and R-P are $17.50 and winchester is $25.00. Can't beat that. By the way he is a great guy to deal with (as well as his wife or whoever he works with) and will spend the time in getting you what you want. He has the best prices and you can also buy once fired lapua .308 brass from him occasionally along with some other match grade brass. I wish he had that kind of selection for the 300WM.

[ 04-28-2004: Message edited by: shilen30 ]

Harv, you just need to know what the brass was shot it. many are just range or factory testing brass so using SAAMI spec chambers. That brass is usually just fine to use with a bit of sorting.

Stuff from machine guns may be stretched too much to be useful. Since some US shooting is done with commercial headstamps, you can't always be sure.

Best thing is to ask where the brass came from and if they accept returns if too big/worn.

I use once fired brass all the time with great success. I also use Lake City for my '06 and is some of the toughest stuff out there.

Jerry

I was looking at getting some brass from brassmanbrass.com. Any of you buy once fired brass from them and how is the quality?

Harv,

Like I posted earlier, The guy at brassmanbrass.com is a great guy to deal with and his brass is great. Of course, if you buy brass for the 223 or 308 make sure it wasn't fired from a gas gun, but I have never heard of anyone mention they have had a problem with his brass, and I have talked to many people that use him.

Brassmann is a great guy to deal with , he'll make sure that you get all the same headstamp. I like using his brass because I FL resize ALL my brass no matter who I get it from , this way the brass is never smaller than my dies and my dies are made to fit my chamber.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.