bottom metal help

Are you wanting to go with something oriented toward tactical or more similar to factory? Pacific Tool makes a very nice factory replacement. I just got one, and while I haven't fitted it yet (waiting for stock to arrive), it appears to be top notch. Williams makes a very nice steel replacement for about $155. Most of the others are quite a bit more.

John

The one thing a long range 300 RUM nees is more magazine length for handling heavy low drag bullets. Check out the replacement metal made by Wyatt's. It allows feeding 300 RUM ammo with up to a 3.80 OAL in a Rem 700 LA. Midway sells them. Some smiting is required.

I've got to agree with Hondo, Pacific tool and gauge has the best bang for your buck in bottum metal. They've got more than removeable magazines, they got direct replacements in steel or aluminum.

Wyatt's makes an extended magazine box that will work with factory, Williams, or PTG bottom metal. H S has a detqachable that doesn't inccrease your mag length. For the tactical style detachable with extended length(3.9)
look at Seekins, very nice quality!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.