Boss replacement for winchester

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by genecole, Jun 8, 2004.

1. genecole

genecole Well-Known Member

i just picked up a winchester coyote in 7 STW with the BOSS system on it. it has the CR (conventional recoil). i was wondering if anybody might know where, if even possible, i could get the piece with the muzzle brake built in to replace it. i was not sure if the browning and winchesters had the same threads on them. any help would be appreciated

Gene Cole III

2. trader388

trader388 Well-Known Member

Can always try gunbroker.com Contact winchester for the specs vs. browning

3. Magnumwill

Magnumwill Member

My 30-06 featherweight with boss has 9/16-24 RH thread. I am in the same boat as you...I have the CR tube but would like to have the boss also.

4. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

It's still the BOSS.
    Jut no holes, same recoil, and a helluva lot quieter.

Try Winchester or Browning. The parts are offered individually.

5. buffalorancher

buffalorancher Writers Guild

A few years ago I had a M-70 with the boss but it was an older rifle and didn't come with the CR. I didn't need the recoil reduction because it was a 270 and thing was LOUD. Called Winchester and they sent me one but I think it actually came from Browning.

6. Magnumwill

Magnumwill Member

I dont need the Boss they are very loud. But I always like to have the original equipment that was sold with a rifle. It is a lot easier to keep some extra parts around whe the rifle is newer than trying to find replacement parts down the road.