? Removing boss for hunting

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Maverick, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I have a browning a-bolt 300 win mag with the boss.Can the gun be sighted in with the boss and then change it out to the
    Boss-cr when I go deer hunting without having to sight the gun in again? I am guessing that you probably need to reshoot the gun but I was wondering if anyone might know. Also will the fps change with the cr?
    Thanks Maverick

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I'm pretty anal about stuff hanging on the barrel or touching the barrel. If any item changes I reshoot for verification, I do this several different times to become confident in the consistence of the change between components.

Short answer from me would be.... If you change anything you need to re-verify your zero and trajectory data to some degree. Long Range Hunting sort of precludes the "guessing game" model(s) of shooting...try it and know for sure.

3. trader388

trader388 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't move the boss at all when changing the muzzle brake to the CR there shouldn't be a problem. BUT! Personally I would shoot a group with the muzzle brake and then change to the CR and see what happens.